QA EXPORT SUPERINTENDENT
- Track and update the QSA manual.
- Keep the USDA QSA manual up to date with any changes being made in plant regarding exports regulations.
- Ensure all export products is being made to specification to ensure customer satisfaction. If product is out of spec the Export Superintendent will need to communicate with front line Supervisor, Superintendent or above to get the products according specification. If out of spec product has made it into box storage the boxes will be brought back from Box Storage and have product reworked.
- Monitor product being placed in bags/box correctly (Artwork is on correct side of product); (product is being placed straight into bags using right grade and size of bags).
- Write Corrective Action Letters for customers regarding Export Issues.
- Monitor the size of bag being placed on products so the product does not have long bag tails.
- Needs to understand Tore readings on cryovac machines.
- Monitor bags for any leakers or low vac’s.
- Ensure correct piece counts are correct in bags and packages in box.
- Make sure labels match what is in the box.
- Review BOL to make sure all statements are meeting the QSA requirements.
- Provide sample products to potential customers aboard
- Give tours of the plant to possible international customers
- Job performance is measured by Technical Service Manager on issues such as customer claims and accuracy of documentation
- Lead all audits related to export (USDA AMS, Countries Government Audits)
- Assist in quality assurance training while helping Q.A. Technicians
The Export Superintendent will be responsible for all export items produced in the plant (offal and fabrication products).
Candidate need to cover and create energy surrounding Export products.
This position is designed to cover A-shift and lead an Export Supervisor on B-shift.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED Equivalent - College experience beneficial
Minimum 2-4 years background experience in numerous areas in a packing plant
Understanding import/export laws essential
Computer & writing skills are important due to the technical nature of the position
General knowledge of how plant operates important
Strong verbal skills are essential