HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Moberly, MO
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Discipline, Availability, Sincerity, Simplicity, Humility, Ownership
Our Company is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge, human resources practices and employee relations expertise. The HR Generalist will support day-to-day tasks to meet strategic, tactical and administrative objectives across the HR function such as employee relations, talent acquisition, resource management, performance management, onboarding, HR reporting and other projects as needed. This position will play a key role in the success of the plant by offering guidance on HR best practices and facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management.
- Partner with management to advise and counsel on personnel issues
- Cover and fill in when Human Resources Manager is absent
- Conduct orientation and administer new employee paperwork
- Provide facility supervision on employee relations matters including; investigations, resolving conflict, and communications in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stay current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Establish, evaluate and maintain departmental reports and key indicators. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to provide continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Propose, publish and administer personnel policies.
- Prepare and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintain HRIS integrity.
- Respond to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints.
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Administer unemployment claims
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment
- Efficient time management and communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.