2ND SHIFT LEAD CUT SUPERVISOR
Position Title: 2nd Shift Lead Cut Production Supervisor
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Salary Class: Exempt
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Knowledgeable in all production areas of the department, including product flow, Specs, Equipment/Machines, and Payroll.
- Meet and exceed production goals set forth by plant management
- Supervise production employees
- Monitor and ensure proper procedures, safety, and cleanliness of production employees
- Ensure policy compliance with all production employees
- Perform various duties as assigned
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost, employee retention and maintain good working relationships with the Union, USDA (meat), and production employees
- Ensure compliance with food safety, and all human resources and safety policies
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
- High School degree or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum of 5 years proven supervisory experience in the Beef or Pork industry
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union
Supervision of Personnel: Hourly direct reports (25-35), production employees
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP