We are currently looking for a candidate with a strong leadership and administration background for our Souderton, PA Rendering Facility. This individual will be an intricate part of our organizations growth and foundation in the industry.
• Provides leadership in the management and administration of the processing division to ensure the most efficient and highest quality production.
• Provides consultation and direction necessary to enable departments to meet their operational objectives.
• Helps develop and carry out strategic plans and programs in processing production to produce the most profitable product mix and stable sales program.
• Supervises and directs the programs and activities of plant department heads.
• Develops, coordinates and follows through on strategic operational plans.
• Works with Division Manager in assessing and action planning organization design in maintaining the most efficient and effective organization arrangement.
• Responsible for selection, corrective action(s) and terminations of department leadership as necessary.
• Reviews on a daily basis reports on yield, grade, inventory and other cost reports to ensure awareness of any deviation from the norm and to spot trends and make necessary adjustments.
• Reviews and evaluates and approves departmental budgets to ensure their compatibility with division goals and objectives.
• Manage team members to promote trusting relationships with a focus on developing team members
• Provides Division Manager with reports and information as necessary or required that will enable a critical review of the processing operations of JBS/Mopac and to provide constructive advice and guidance as to possibilities for improvement.
• Formulates and oversees development of short and long range strategic plans for the processing division
• Clarifies and works toward explicit understanding of JBS/Mopac’ policies and procedures.
• Reviews and evaluates weekly reports such as production cost and rendering reports in order to make any necessary adjustments.
• Reviews and evaluates monthly reports such as labor variable and fixed cost, credit and adjustment, cost and equipment plant cost, agrimetrics, distribution cost analysis, financial statements and product mix.
• Participates with Sales Manager in scheduling customer visits and prospective customers.
• Participates in sales calls to current and prospective customers as requested by the sales manager.
• Establishes and maintains an effective employee relations climate as well as safety consciousness.
• Maintains high level awareness of trends in the bi-products industry as well as further processed food related to bi-products / co-products and communicate ideas to appropriate staff.
• Actively pursues acquisition of information and/or skills related to the management of processing division and related services.
• Represents JBS/Mopac in industry groups, governmental bodies as well as community groups.
• Maintains current awareness of governmental regulations as well as possible new legislation affecting the bi-products industry.
Key Working Relationship
• Reports to the Division Manager who provides general supervision and policy guidance concerning priorities.
• Establishes and maintains close working relationships with department managers and staff.
• Establishes and maintains close working relationships with JBS/Mopac processing and production division managers, General Office personnel as well as other individuals and groups internally and externally as required to contribute to division and corporate objectives.
• Maintains effective working relationships with state and national associations as well as vendors and governmental agencies.
Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Bi-products Science, Business Administration, engineering or related area or equivalent experience preferred.
• Five years management experience in bi-products processing or equivalent experience preferred.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of JBS/Mopac, Inc.
• Demonstrates ability to understand and manage all aspects of bi-products processing plant.
• Ability to communicate and relate to people and groups effectively.
• Skilled in the development of strategic short and long range plans.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong financial acumen
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated working knowledge of environmental regulations and guidelines.
EOE / M / F / V / Disabled