Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, Ownership
Scope of Position:
The Maintenance Director will be responsible for directing plant maintenance activities at the 7 Swift Prepared Foods manufacturing plants. Responsibilities include providing direction to Plant Maintenance Managers in maintenance of production equipment in a manner that ensures employee safety, product safety and quality and compliance to production schedules. The position will also be responsible for managing all maintenance costs for the business unit.
- Overall owner of maintenance KPI’s.
- Coordinates the development of RCA’s and Action plans to solve problems and make improvements.
- Safety: Implements and enforces Company safety policy and responsible for Team Member Safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety & Quality as it relates to Plant maintenance activities and programs.
- Responsible for Plant Schedule attainment as it relates to Plant maintenance activities and programs.
- Owns deployment and progress tracking of the maintenance pillar across the company.
- Responsible for delivering cost KPI’s including MRO inventory & Plant maintenance Costs.
- Oversee measurement, tracking and planning for safety, quality, repair and preventive maintenance programs for the facilities.
- Project management: Sets project goals and direction. Develops capital project budgets in collaboration with BD&E. Ensures project compliance with Company strategic plan.
- Management/Supervision: Provides manpower, capacity, and resource planning. Directly or indirectly supervises technical personnel, including Company business development engineers, R&D, engineering technicians, machinists, maintenance managers in training and intermediate supervisory staff.
- Product and Process Development: Provides general oversight for execution and completion of comprehensive design verification and process validation protocols
- GMP/ISO/FDA/USDA: Interprets GMP, FDA, USDA, and ISO regulations and standards into Company and product specific practices in maintenance
- Owns the ammonia refrigeration systems and PSM programs.
- Technical Documentation/Communication/Processes: Ensures product, process, and project documentation is complete, accurate, and sufficient to allow development and production team members to understand critical requirements. Assembles technology transfer documentation. Provides development engineering input to cross-functional product development teams
- Training: Ensures adequate staff training and documentation thereof, in line with Company policies.
- Owns the maintenance training program and responsible for tracking progress and training the trainers in each location
- Responsible for setting the maintenance culture for the facilities and upholding JBS Values.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development & Engineering in establishing and executing capital budgets.
- Monitors and analyzes maintenance costs and helps prepare annual budgets.
- Manages, develops and maintains programs for hiring, training & professional development for the Maintenance teams.
- Manages, develops and maintains vendor support programs including equipment wellness, PM’s & team member training.
- Makes recommendations to the leadership team to improve the maintenance function.
- Position will be based out of the Omaha Nebraska, Council Bluffs IA area or Ottumwa, IA.
- 50% minimum travel required for the position; travel will include travel to all Swift Prepared Foods facilities and the Chicago corporate office when needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of Maintenance management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years + maintenance experience with a consumer packaged goods food plant.
- 5 + years of maintenance management experience.
- Experience with robotic machinery for food packaging and processing.
- Experience with repair and maintenance of food manufacturing equipment, specifically bacon and sliced meat processing.
- Experience with Ammonia refrigeration systems and PSM programs.
- PC / software skills including CAD.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is a plus.
- Corporate working environment
- Food manufacturing environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers