Maintenance/ Safety Trainer
JBS Greeley Beef has an exciting opportunity to join our Maintenance/Reliability Department! This position will be a Maintenance/Safety Trainer and will have the ability to make a positive impact on our maintenance/safety culture in our Greeley Plant. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to work in a fast paced, fun environment and have the ability to implement and affect change. This is an exciting time for our maintenance department - we are making positive strides and with your help we will move our training into the future!
This Person will be responsible for performing training in several maintenance topics, evaluate new hires to determine their initial wages, will conduct safety alchemy training, conduct maintenance alchemy re-certification, ensure all safety policies and protocols are understood by maintenance and production personnel.
- Conduct authorized training for various safety topics including: powered industrial trucks, lockout/Tagout, fall protection, respiratory protection, permit required confined spaces, hazard communication, maintenance training, and other topics as assigned.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required new hire and monthly training is completed as scheduled.
- Promotes a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with plant Managers, Supervisors, and Partners.
- Conduct initial evaluations for maintenance new hires.
- Ensure all new employees understand and are well trained in all safety policies.
- Train maintenance employees that are beyond their probationary period in several maintenance topics such but not limited to, welding, power transmission, pneumatic, hydraulics, and electrical.
- Will keep tracked of all maintenance employees training hours through the quarter and communicate with management team on this matter.
- Will turn in job change forms for employee raises.
- Must be able to work flexible days/hours, the regular work schedule is TBD.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong mechanical background to included welding, power transmission, hydraulics, and electrical experience.
- Solid knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred