AUTOMATION/LABOR EFFICIENCY ENGINEER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Automation/Labor Efficiency Engineer for JBS that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
This position will support the four (4) fed beef plants, by finding and implementing a better processes to make the work force more efficient, through new technology, redesigning process flow and incorporating automation. Work with the operation team to map, prioritize and implementing it. This position will report directly to the Head of Operations.
Working with the plant team on developing a new standard to drive the labor efficiency, finding new technology or improving on existing with the suppliers, best practice within the same protein around the world or between different protein or best in class companies. Ensure labor reduction, layout and automation, infrastructure changes, internal training and process management to achieve excellence in performance and cost.
- Design, program simulate and test automated machinery and processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvements on layout, labor reduction, ergonomics and complete all projects assigned
- Optimize automation to ensure proper plant results.
- Provide insight and guidance to areas of opportunity to increase efficiency and reduce cost with improved technology.
- Conduct technology training for new users.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity.
- Ability to balance Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, and technical implications
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and fixing guides for newly established automated equipment and processes
- Experience in industrial automation required.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills, written/verbal communications with internal and external contacts; strong leadership skills in interacting and influencing individuals required.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Ability to balance multiple projects from concept to implementation to completion. A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Must be driven and self-motivated with a desire to learn and achieve goals.
- Able to read and understand technical /regulatory documents and implement requirements.
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Knowledge of Engineering practices & standard methodologies
- Multiple results-oriented priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics /Mechanics/ Electrical / Instrumentation/Automation.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing and in developing solutions and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $77,385 - $100,590; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.