Purpose and Scope/General Summary: Pilgrim’s is looking for a Grain Clerk that is responsible for facilitating accuracy and timeliness of truck grain delivery and payment processes through consistent and detailed communication between merchandisers, feed mill receivers, vendor management and accounts payable personnel.
- Monitor and communicate payment status on truck grain receipts
- Provide truck receipt back-up as needed to vendors
- Facilitate documentation and communication between new vendors and Vendor Management team
- Conduct grain lien searches on a regular and timely basis
- Maintain current state grain dealer’s license status
- Support merchandisers with:
- Reports of open grain contract balances
- Distribution and collection of grain contract confirmations
- Assistance in correction of payment discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work well within Trade team
- Computer aptitude for database management (SAP), general word processing, and spreadsheet programs
- SAP experience preferred
- General knowledge of accounting process and ability to reconcile information
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong work ethic – self-motivated and driven
- Knowledge of production agriculture preferred, but not required
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $18-$21.50/hr and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible for a retention bonus;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity