REGIONAL OP EX SPECIALIST I -YIELD
Regional Operational Excellence Specialist – Yield
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
- Primary contact for the Big Bird, Fresh Foodservice, business units to facilitate continuous improvement initiatives (yield, efficiency, cost);
- Develop, Teach, and Train Coordinators of Operational excellence to open and close gaps within their respective facility.
****The person will be located at any of the Pilgrim's locations within the Big Bird and Fresh Foodservice Business Units (locations are posted)!
- Regularly visit Pilgrim’s plant and live locations across the United States, partnering with our plant teams to prepare, train, and conduct process improvement initiatives utilizing lean and continuous improvement tools as part of the Pilgrim’s Management Method;
- Develop and manage process improvements for achieving measurable, yield, efficiency, cost reduction, or performance improvement gains;
- Partner and Lead a team of Coordinators of Operational Excellence (COE), helping them with gap-opening and gap-closing, as well as the implementation and execution of the Management Method tools and processes in their complexes;
- Key member of the Operational Excellence management team with responsibilities for developing and improving material, auditing plant locations, and other support as necessary across all business units;
- Co-own the Management Pillar implementation by teaching all its tools, training personnel, serving as support, and continuously improving the material to support company priorities;
- Participate in executive updates and quarterly corporate meetings as required;
- In conjunction with the other members of the Operational Excellence management team, lead
- Act on an ad-hoc basis to be part of any other project or initiative as part of the Pilgrim’s Management Method;
- Available to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field required
- 5 - 8 years manufacturing industry experience
- Poultry experience preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong Excel user
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to interact effectively with team members, managers, etc.
- Good teaching and coaching skills
- Hands-on & Detail oriented
- Statistical skills (basic level)
- 6 Sigma certification (desired)
- Resilient & Flexible