Inventory Control Clerk
Position Title:Shipping Inventory Control Clerk Department:Shipping
Location:Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Salary Class:Salary Non-Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
Our Company is in search of an experienced Inventory Control Clerk who will be responsible for the shipping department at Greeley Value Added facility. The mission of the Inventory control clerk is to attain his/her work safely and ergonomically with the highest level of quality; being consistent and efficient.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Maintains and updates inventory records
- Creates efficient and accurate inventory management procedures
- Reconciles inventories to book records and makes adjustments when necessary
- Implements a loss prevention program
- Develops a program to maintain tight security over the inventory
- Recommends programs to improve the management of inventory
- Ensures corrective measures to prevent discrepancies
- Performs cycle counts
- Maintains confidentiality of inventory records to authorized personnel
- Coordinates with Maintenance, Warehouse, Quality Assurance, and Safety Managers on their consumable inventory needs
- Must be able to work in a cold environment up to -20 degrees, for short periods
- Cover Clerk positions when needed (this might require working a different shift).
- Must be willing to be forklift and pallet jack trained.
- Performs duties as instructed by management
- Any other duties assigned
*changes may be made at any time to this position based on company need
Education and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be dependable
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to recognize problems and take appropriate action
- Ability to recognize when an issue should be referred to the Supervisor
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent keyboarding skills preferred (speed and accuracy)
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced team environment
- 1-3 years directly related experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. individually and a team lift of 51 lbs. and more
- Preferred forklift experience
- General office environment but prepared to go onto the production floor
- Production and maintenance settings
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with proficient accuracy, some heavy lifting; working with many cultures of people.
- Schedule M-F and Saturday when needed. Overtime eligible.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $18 – $23 per hour
To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.