OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER - NURSE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports comprehensive workers compensation case management (Fondo del Seguro del Estado - FSE) for employees injured at work in compliance with United States and Puerto Rico laws and regulations.
-Is responsible for drugs and alcohol screenings, as requested, according with the local regulations and Company policies; special projects work including health fairs, health screenings, wellness education, safety improvement initiatives, etc.
- Is responsible for drugs and alcohol screenings, special projects work including health fairs, health screenings, wellness education, safety improvement initiatives, etc.
-Takes patient's vital signs, treats wounds, and evaluates physical condition of patient.
- Contacts Physician and hospital to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Maintains record of persons treated, and prepares accident reports and insurance forms.
- Adheres to HIPAA and partner confidentiality to ensure compliance of confidentiality of employees' personal information. Establishes, maintains, and reviews a recordkeeping system that ensures confidentiality.
- Schedules health assessments and evaluations of employees for return-to-work, fitness for duty, and medical surveillance in accordance with health management and safety protocols and the authorized physician's written directives.
- Responsible for the medical files and Occupational Health & Safety reports.
- Collaborates with Safety Staff in the coordination of safety awareness initiatives.
- Takes inventory of medical supplies & equipment needed to give efficient services to employees.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc. Maintains OSHA log.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field; and
- Registered Nurse certification
- Two (2) or more years experience as a Occupational Nurse preferred
Language SkillsBilingual- Spanish and English written & spoken
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, SAP and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified licensed nurse, active member of the Professional Nursing Organization.
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certification required.
To-Ricos, Ltd. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H