PLANT FINANCIAL ANALYST
Job Title: Plant Financial Analyst
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The plant financial analyst position functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team. The role will be instrumental in bringing analytical analyses to leadership team to enable decisions that directly impact business performance and outcomes. The position supports month-end close and special projects as requested, and works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost divers and variances. This position will provide accounting support through review and validation of material transactions and processes to increase the accuracy of our financial statements. This position provides the candidate with opportunities to identify, lead, and drive process improvements, while working in a team environment and interact with multiple functions across the organization.
- Work with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Establish accounting controls to generate various financial reports.
- Support plant accounting manager’s efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
- Analyze financial performance and day-to-day tasks.
- Prepare and process assigned daily/monthly journal entries.
- Establish financial controls to reduce costs.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of production expenses and capital expenditures.
- Support the local plant budgeting process of the fixed and variable expenses.
- Prepares, reports actual vs. budget results on monthly and quarterly presentations.
- Maintains the packaging standards costing files and tracks daily performances of packaging to earned standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fieldrequired
- 3+ years of directly related experience required
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Very strong in Excel and Power Point
- SAP experience required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Action oriented
- A team player with a positive, can do attitude and agility to flex multiple work streams fluidly
The position will not require travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand on production floors for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Plant working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.