Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado.
We are looking for a Transportation Specialist for Pilgrim’s that reports to the Greeley, CO Corporate Office and located in Live Oak, FL.
- Coordinate the transportation planning of customer replenishment orders in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible, while meeting all customer service expectations.
- Responsible for the transportation coordinating/planning at assigned plants, company distribution centers, and third party warehouses via all available modes for our products.
- Interface regularly with product management, production operations, as well as carriers and customers, to discuss and improve how logistics are managed.
- Act as a liaison between trucker, customer, sales, and operations teams.
- Review and understand weekly reports to ensure cost is being managed efficiently and meeting a minimum of 98% on time delivery.
- Responsible for dealing with carrier issues or communicating issues to carriers that have arisen at the shipping facility that may delay loading and/or on time delivery. Will be available to handle these types of issues 24 hours a day 7 days a week via cell phone.
- Respond to calls and emails after hours and notification of other persons within Pilgrims either by phone or email of issues or problems with orders.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- General understanding of US geography.
- Excellent follow through skills required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills preferred.
- Compassionate to customer needs.
- Can thrive in team environment.