Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods (aka Plumrose USA) is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs.
The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, Ownership
The Human Resources Coordinator will support various disciplines of Human Resources including, employee relations, employment, orientation, training, benefits and employee development. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager in our Elkhart, IN plant.
- Track and coordinate compliance to Absentee Control Policy.
- Assist production employees with employee benefit questions.
- Handle confidential Human Resources information.
- Maintain adequate records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Enter and maintain employee records information into HRIS.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees to fill salaried and hourly positions. Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Handle all onboarding paperwork.
- Act as the backup for payroll.
- Assist HR staff with various clerical/administrative duties as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- 1 year human resource experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Kronos and HR-SAP).
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand on production floors for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food manufacturing environment.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.