Coordinate installation, maintenance, and repair work. Hire, train, and oversee lower level Maintenance personnel. Responsible for the prompt repair and ongoing maintenance of facility equipment. Identifies, monitors, and troubleshoots problems. Assures operation of safe and functionally sound equipment. Performs repairs and troubleshooting on food processing equipment, including but not limited to: stuffers, vacuum pumps, mixers, grinders, packaging machinery, conveyors, hydraulic units, and multi-vacs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and other facility equipment.
2. Acts as a lead by training, mentoring, scheduling, counseling, and providing guidance to less experienced and hourly Maintenance employees.
3. Completes maintenance recordkeeping.
4. Understands and follows the company GMP policy.
5. Understands and follows the company safety rules.
6. May be required to work long hours and weekends.
7. May assume other duties as assigned.
Very active position, requiring standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers.
Acute close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds throughout the day.
Must be able to work for long hours in a food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold. Temperatures are frequently below freezing, and employees are expected to remain in these conditions for the majority of their work days.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The list of essential functions, other duties, mental and physical demands, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise job descriptions and to require other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.
Maintenance Supervisor – Revision 0.04 – 10/8/2020 – Page 1