LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator III for JBS in IT that reports to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
- Maintain the integrity, stability and support of plant and corporate servers ensuring 100% uptime availability for all JBS users
- Work with IT peers in resolving technology and end user items, complete root cause analysis of the issues, and design strategies for permanent remediation
- Provide technical project design, planning and implementation for new and/or upgraded technology to meet business requirements
- Ensure that servers and related SAN devices and fabrics are running within the recommended manufacturers operating parameters
- Ensure the server configurations are tuned to allow maximum performance
- Design/Provide monitoring capabilities and escalation for all critical operating functions of servers hosting applications
- Design/Ensure the operating system, applications and data on each server are backed up on a regular basis consistent with the business’ requirements to restore every server to a fully operational state within the required time limits
- Design and implement permission strategies to access servers/applications
- Provide quick and courteous responses to end users when assisting with issues related to the design, access, use and performance of the servers and applications
- Train users, Systems Administrator I and System Administrator II personnel as necessary
- Define steps for system changes or upgrades, including remediation plans
- Research technologies that integrate with legacy and new business systems as necessary
- Work occasional extended hours during evenings, weekends and holidays as required for system maintenance and projects
- On call rotation required
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5-10 years’ server and network experience with specific use of Linux, Microsoft OS and Microsoft products
- HPUX and AIX experience preferred
- Application support experience with Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, Citrix, IIS, Microsoft Terminal Services and associated technologies preferred
- Red Hat or Linux certifications desirable
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $90,000-$100,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.