POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for leading/facilitating day-to-day aspects of the plant maintenance program, in order to maximize the long-term and short-term profitability goals of the company while maintaining or exceeding Pilgrims performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for oversite and leadership of the Maintenance Supervisory staff.
- Engages in directional leadership of major projects, such as structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, and maintaining and repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems.
- Supervises Maintenance team engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment. Supervises employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities.
- Utilizes working knowledge of electrical systems, both control and industrial wiring, pip fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls and instrumentation to maintain plant equipment at optimal level. Utilizes knowledge of automatic equipment operation, to include setup, repair and tear down, to maintain plant equipment at optimal levels. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Engages in team work schedules and supervises PM Scheduler/Planner. Makes work assignments to subordinates as needed.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Works on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities and the alteration or modification of existing ones.
- Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Oversees RCA (Root Cause) action plans to ensure prompt and complete follow/prevention of unexpected downtime.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventive maintenance, and repair programs and procedures.
- Assist with direction for workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal, and custodial services
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Must have 4 years’ experience in poultry maintenance / food manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma/GED required; College degree preferred.
- Must have experience with further processing equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of refrigeration.
- Must have working knowledge of PLC's.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical systems, both control and industrial wiring.
- Must be proficient in the following areas: Pipe fitting,/Plumbing, Welding, Shop Machinery, Sheet metal, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical Controls & instrumentation, Automatic Equipment Operation (setup, repair, and tear down).
- Must be capable of becoming Haz-Mat team qualified.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.