- Participates in initiation phase of new production lines to assist in design for cost effective manufacturing, layout, labor, and efficiencies
- Perform productivity audits on Slaughter and Fabrication/Production areas
- Prepare detailed layouts of plant facilities to optimize utilization and product flow
- Develop, install, and maintain equitable standards. Work includes the establishment of the format to be used in the development of standards data, crewing guides, reconciliation reports, and the use of work-sampling techniques to resolve questions of operator utilization or performance.
- Measure variances to standards, identify out of control variances, investigate reasons and suggest solutions, installs and follow up.
- Keeps tally of the method changes reducing cost of production and strives for budgeted goal. Completes daily and weekly labor efficiency report.
- Keeps abreast for the trend of technology, investigates, installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive edge
- Drive the use of processes throughout the business. Be a lead in process map training and drive the culture of continuous process improvement.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis (labor reporting and cost to produce analysis)
- Selects appropriate techniques of work measurement and measures work contents of support labors. Installs standards, measures performance against standards.
- Responsible for all equipment necessary to complete duties.
- Responsible for labor issues relative to RE/Workload management with legal department, UFCW, Wage and Hour.
- Educates plant personnel on work measurements and assists corporate with labor initiatives.
- Update and maintain EASE standards and video server.
- Daily/Frequent communication with senior team members concerning status of labor efficiency and projects.
- Regular contact with I.E. team at corporate and other facilities.
- Travel up to 20% a year.
- Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions while in facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 5-years of experience in Food Industry beneficial with an emphasis in Beef Processing facility
- Predetermined Time Software (EASE) experience beneficial
- Work 50+ hours/week in office setting and on production floor
- Advanced computer skills
- General knowledge of machinery within kill/processing and case ready beef facilities
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Good technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time off: sick leave, vacation and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after the 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $67,305 - $87,465
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.