FEED MILL MANAGER
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Job title: Feed Mill Manager
Responsible for the operation of a feed manufacturing facility. May also include ingredient purchasing, outside sales, and delivery of finished product to user.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order ingredients for the mill. Coordinate with the railroad to get cars spotted.
- Supervise all employees throughout the mill including feed haul drivers.
- Schedule maintenance for the mill and assist in doing the maintenance when needed.
- Prepare batch feed when necessary.
- Prepare capital budgets and expenditures.
- Dispatch when needed.
- Implement quality control and operating procedures for the feed mill.
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Typically requires an Associates Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in a related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.