PILGRIM'S FEED MILL DRIVER - Class A CDL ***$3000 NEW HIRE BONUS***
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly Feed Mill Team! Position starts at $20.81 per hour, and are offering a $3000 New Hire Bonus.
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401K contributions
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Drives feed delivery with semi tractor to deliver feed to grower barns in an economical fashion averaging approximately 165 miles per day.
2. Conducts pre-trip inspections in accordance to divisional guidelines and DOT requirements.
3. Loads truck in a manner that ensures the qulaity and integrity of the feed.
4. Obtains representative’s sample of feed delivered to each grower.
5. Unloads feed into proper bin(s) at grower location ensuring integrity is maintained.
6. Communicates written and verbally with associates, maintenance (as growers as necessary) relevant information such as tank levels, conditions, etc.
7. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner and keeps truck and work areas neat, clean, and orderly.
8. Picks up loads of feed from grower barns that is left over at the end of the flock as directed.
9. Cleans Pellet Mill Partical Separators (Pollution Control Device) on a weekly basis.
10. Follows housekeeping schedule for the Feed Mill being responsible for keeping assigned areas clean. Uses blow down techniques using required PPE.
11. Is On Call for emergency feed deliveries to cover feed outages to growers which requires carrying a pager approximately 8 times per year during the weekends and Holidays.
12. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and the leadership team.
13. Responsible for additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma,
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Valid Class A CDL with acceptable driving record per Company Policy required.
• Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
• Ability to climb 25 feet high structures.
• At least one year driving experience; GVW over 26,000 pounds.
• High School diploma or GED or related experience and/or training.
• Basic math skills required.
• Ability to read and write effectively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or free, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift 50 pounds or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is required to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high precarious places, and is exposed to outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise in the work environment is usually loud and hearing protection is required.