INVENTORY SPECIALIST/ SUPERVISOR
POSITION: Accounting/ Inventory Specialist
SALARY CLASS: Exempt
Inspect and inventory boxes. Re-work box inventory. Supervise employees, assign trailers to specific doors and arrange product to be loaded, inspect trailers for temperatures, enforcement of safety policies of load dock area.
- Meet and exceed production goals set forth by plant management
- Supervise production employees
- Monitor and ensure proper procedures, safety, and cleanliness of production employees
- Ensure policy compliance with all production employees
- Perform various duties as assigned
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost, employee retention and maintain good working relationships with the Union, USDA (meat), and maintenance employees
- Ensure compliance with food safety, and all human resources and safety policies
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
- High School degree or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
Experience: 1-2 years proven experience in the Beef or Pork industry preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.