JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for an Environmental Engineer for JBS that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
- This position works with JBS Fed beef processing facilities nationwide to assist in optimizing their environmental compliance programs. Assistance is provided in all EPA regulated areas, and in the company’s voluntary commitments to Environmental Sustainability
- Provide technical support for the mechanical/operational aspects of EPA regulated activities (e.g., air pollution control systems, wastewater treatment, chemical reporting, waste management, etc) and the company’s Environmental Sustainability program.
- Lead the environmental policies and action plans to ensure compliance
- Lead the sustainability policies and action plans to ensure sustainable development
- Other duties as assigned
Education: College degree
- 10 years of general environmental compliance
- 5 years of wastewater treatment plant operations
- Effective communication
- Problem analysis
- Working Conditions: General office environment. Required travel to all Fed Beef facilities, up to approximately 40% of the year
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $117,600 – $161,070; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.