Purpose & Scope: Perform tasks involved with constructing, maintaining, improving and all other work related to the structures and components involved with the Dalhart Live Pork Operation. Good attention to ensure accuracy and quality. Performs tasks associated with this department while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations.
Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, work around moving equipment, and work around live animals.
Principle Responsibilities: Functions may include but are not limited to
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing feed systems
- Installing troubleshooting, and repairing ventilation systems
- Installing and repairing water systems
- Installing and repairing building components
- Inspect facilities and grounds for needed repairs and complete needed repairs
- Perform routine inspections and service of company owned equipment as required
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by JBS
- Performs other duties assigned by Management as needed.
- Identify and order parts needed for their work
Travel Required: None
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a pickup and pull a trailer
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and transport various objects weighing up to 50lbs repeatedly throughout the shift at times product weight may reach 100lbs.
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work up to 59 hours a week if necessary
- Work weekends with alternation
- Ability and willingness to work in an hog facility
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical components
- Must be able to communicate with leads, farm employees, and supervisors
- Must be able to work at locations as needed
- Experience in driving a skid loader
- Experience in driving a backhoe
- General knowledge and use of electrical metering equipment
- Interact with fellow Maintenance employees to perform daily tasks
- Interaction with other teams such as LRG, EIG, farm employees and management