HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER in TRAINING
Human Resource Manager in Training
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The HR Manager in Training will be based out of a designated home manufacturing facility. The HR Manager in Training position is a key role in the development of bench strength for future Complex HR Managers openings. The designation of the HR Manager in Training will be determined by the individual’s skills set. The accompanying locations will be determined primarily by geographic proximity and secondarily by business unit or other significant drivers, e.g. labor.
This position plans and administers policies relating to all phases of HR activity by performing the following duties or through subordinate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the HR manager with day-to-day activities including:
- Identifies legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill salaried and hourly positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Keeps records of benefits plans.
- Coordinates management training.
- Oversees and administers complex compensation programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee-related issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs.
- Union interactions and grievances
- 5 years’ experience in HR management or supervision required
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and HR-SAP)
- Ability to relocate to other Pilgrim’s facilities if HR Manager positions become available
- Ability to relocate to other Pilgrim’s facilities if HR Manager positions become available.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.