QUALITY ASSURANCE / TECHNICAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our Retail Ready team is seeking a Technical Services Coordinator based in Greeley, CO. This position is responsible for performing Quality Assurance activities necessary for successful implementation and maintenance of product specifications and New Product Requests in the newly implemented SAP PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) application and management of current specification systems excel spreadsheets until complete navigation.
This role also has responsibility over label and packaging material approvals and will serve as a liaison for all corporate departments involved.
- Configure product specification and New Product Requests in the SAP PLM application.
- Execute efficient and comprehensive workflows around current and/or revised business processes.
- Understand and communicate to affected teams and stakeholders the impacts of system changes on business processes.
- Assign packaging specs, product codes, and label to new products.
- Maintain updated product information in PLM data base.
- Prepare required documentation in accordance with JBS’s documentation standards.
- Responsible for JBS USA’s USDA Label Approvals and packaging regulatory.
- Responsible for creating new products and managing JBS’s brands/programs documentation and standards.
- Provide support to JBS USA production facilities on Labeling, Packaging, Product Specifications, and system issues.
- Assist customers with inquiries or documentations related to Labeling, Quality and Food Safety.
- Other associated tasks as determined by the Technical Services department.
- B. S. in Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science or related science discipline preferred.
- Preferred 2-5 years of related experience to successfully perform the duties of this job.
- Experience with meat processing and product specifications.
- Analytical thinker with an effective and organized approach.
- Experience in participating in cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to understand the needs and relationships of all functional areas of the business.
- Preferred Understanding of data management within the SAP environment.
- Strong communicator, internally and externally with all parts of the hierarchical chain.
- Excellent decision maker with the ability to make quick accurate decisions based on current information and previous experience.
- Strong PC capabilities with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word.