ASSISTANT PLANT SALES MANAGER
Assistant Plant Sales Manger
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Directs the flow of information for sales activities and transactions (leads, billings, orders, contracts). Plans production to ensure that all customer orders are covered. This position will travel between multiple facility sites, generally in North Carolina and Alabama as well as other locations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates data to ensure district/area goals are met.
- Ensures sales objectives are met within company strategies. Maintains coordination with integral company functions.
- Advises customers concerning sales, ordering and revisions.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist in promoting sales.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules and discount rates.
- Recommends product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales lines.
- Acts as liaison between plant sales and other departments.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Coordinates meetings with plant management to plan for production.
- Must be able to travel at least 30%
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of finance, budgeting, sales, manufacturing and product development.
- Prior poultry industry experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft); SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.