Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Provides a wide variety of general administrative support to multiple managers throughout the complex.
- Collects data for and/or prepares standard operating reports
- Assists management with reporting requirements as needed
- Receives, reviews and responds to correspondence
- Compiles and analyzes basic information for reports or presentation materials, including charts, graphs or tables as necessary
- Composes and generates written correspondence to communicate with internal and external customers, answering and directing phone calls, and collect/distribute mail
- Conduct daily COVID screenings as personnel enter the building (temperature checks and questionnaire)
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- High School Diploma
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization skills
- Ability to manage projects and meet required deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
- Work hours are 4:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. with Saturdays as needed
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.