SENIOR FOOD TECHNOLOGIST
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Lead customer engagements, both through product sampling, technical communication and presentations with the support of their manager. Sole technical touchpoint to key customers and subject matter expert for internal customers
- Influence development across all cross-functional groups including Regulatory, Marketing, and Operations in accordance to the stage-gate process.
- Expertly communicate technical development activities like costing, design of experiment, report analysis etc to cross-functional team with simplicity
- Subject matter expert in ingredient and applications; independently able to troubleshoot product defects, (color, adhesion, etc.) while engaging vendors for both benchtop and commercial scale requests
- Lead vendors in new strategic platform development
- Direct and coordinate development of new products and improvement of existing products
- Develop new plant operations and procedures and adapt to operation needs
- Independently formulate new products and designs product specifications within the guardrails of plant process, brand fit and costing.
- Proficiently and independently write accurate product specs/nutritional guidelines
- Conduct sensory experiments such as shelf life independently
- Conduct food safety experiments such as shelf life independently
- Independently collaborate with operations pertaining to product/process yield opportunities.
- Leads pilot plant development for existing and new process types with the support of the pilot plant team
- Prepares technical data collection independently
- Other duties as assigned
- BS & 5-7 years of relative experience
- MS & 3-5 years of experience
- PhD & 0-2 years of experience
- Preferred in Food Science, Meat Science, Poultry Science, Culinology
- Preferred internship with a technical focus
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office; including Excel, Outlook, Word & Power Point.
- Highly proficient hosting virtual communication tools such as Microsoft TEAMS or Cisco Webex.
- Highly experienced operating in Project Management Systems such as SAP, Accolade, etc
- Very strong knowledge of USDA, FDA guidelines and able to self-correct.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $75,000 - $85,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.