Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Elkhart Indiana Based
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
This position supervises and coordinates actives of workers engaged in all phases of a plant operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties as assigned
- Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures
- Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of production workers; ensure proper training of employees
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in shift operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules
- Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealing with employees
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production
- Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields)
- Work closely with other production supervisors and management to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in plant facility
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
- Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player with leadership skills
- Experience in leading groups of operating employees, including setting team and individual objectives, managing individual and team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead engage and motivate individuals and/or teams.
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong proficiency with personal computer software with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and multiple applications required.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Spanish/English bilingual desired but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar; meat experience preferred
- College diploma or University degree; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
Oversee a team of production employees
College Degree preferred not required
Less then 10%