Licensed Practical Nurse- LPN/LVN
POSITION:Licensed Practical Nurse LPN/LVN
SALARY CLASS:Non Exempt
- High School Degree/GED equivalency required
- Associates Degree of Nursing or Diploma Nursing Degree Required
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Spanish a plus, but not required
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience
- Current LVN/LPN license in the state of application; Computer Skills Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook
- EMT Certification licensing may be applicable for qualified candidates.
- Provides compassionate, quality care to employees.
- Provides direct, first aid, care to employees at the site according to the medical directives within the scope of practice and State and National Regulations. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to the scope of practice.
- Adheres to state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker’s Compensations, etc., Adheres to HIPPA compliance of confidentiality of employees personal medical information
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff and local health care providers
- Must be able carry, lift and maneuver first aid response bag (weighing between 25-30 lbs.), back board, stretcher, AED, wheel chair and any other medical necessities when responding to an incident.
- Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep. Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
- Administer, document and track vaccinations (including – Tetanus, Hepatitis B)
- Perform Drug and Alcohol screening for Powered Industrial Truck operators, and as requested.
- Conduct annual hearing testing for facility employees
- Assist in conducting Daily restrictive duty checks
- Must maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Notifies Occupational Health Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- And any other duties as reasonably associated with the above duties as assigned.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401(k) plan
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: When Filled