JOB TITLE: Breeder Service Tech
LOCATION: Breeder Department – Pittsburg
Will be responsible for:
- Helping coordinate functions and working with other techs in the Breeder Hen Department
- Supervising and working with Contract and Company Owned breeder farms producers on a daily basis.
- Weighing birds on a weekly basis and adjusting feed amounts to meet weight goals and production goals.
- Keeping accurate records containing bird weight, feed amounts, production and hatch records.
- Checking feed tank inventories weekly and ordering feed for each hen farm.
- Maintaining proper Bio-Security measures on each farm and company vehicle.
- Perform related tasks as required
- Must have verifiable experience in the poultry industry preferably in Breeders and Pullets
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must have good communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Must be a team player, committed to Continuous Improvement
- Some computer skills required
- Must be able to work in hot / cold dusty conditions
- Confidentiality is a must
Bachelor’s Degree in Poultry Science or related field desired or minimum of five years experience in Breeder / Pullet field
If interested and qualified, please notify your supervisor and contact the Pittsburg Human Resources Office
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer