Athens Hatchery- Dock Attendant
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting up the chick holding room
- Roll the completed chick pallets from the processing line to the holding room area and prep them for transport (pallets can weigh around 1200lbs when fully loaded)
- Manage the welfare of the chicks when waiting for transport (place lids and straps on the pallets as well as monitor the temperature of the room and turn fans on when needed per Animal Welfare standards)
- Assist driver in checking and shifting birds around on the load based on the driver’s needs and help load chicks onto trailer
- Assist driver when they return to unload the empty boxes
- Organize empty buggies in egg rooms prior to egg driver arrival
- Assist driver to unload full egg buggies (weigh around 1200lbs depending on the buggy size) and move them in a timely manner to designated egg rooms
- Assist driver in reloading their needed empty buggies
- Grease and perform basic repairs on empty egg buggies as needed
- Keep dock area and parking lot clear and free of debris and cobwebs and ensure footbath is full of disinfectant
- Disinfect and deep clean both egg rooms once a week
- Take out trash and change filters in the egg rooms and setter hall
- May need to fill in on chick line if someone is out
- All other duties assigned by management
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.