We are looking for a Transload Operator to join JBS in our New Century, KS location.
This position is responsible for the unloading of inbound dry bulk materials and the loading of shipping containers for overseas transportation. This is accomplished through various conveying equipment, and some manual labor methods. All equipment maintenance is done in-house and a strong mechanical aptitude is a plus. Any material handling machine experience (forklift / yard hostler) is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and fasteners
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs to chest level, multiple times per day
- Must be able to work in a team environment with communication being paramount
- Although the work is inside of a warehouse, this position is subject to outside temperatures
- Comfortable around heavy equipment and many moving parts
- Ability to follow directions – Safety is a must
- Basic computer skills is a plus
- Must have positive temperament in stressful situations
- Good attendance is a must
- Other duties assigned
Schedule must be flexible to accommodate shipping demands (minimum 40hrs/wk with overtime often required) Education:
- High School / GED
- Must have strong multi-tasking and prioritization ability
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to commit to long hours and possible weekends if necessary
- Logistics experience preferred but not required
- Strong sense of urgency, and a “get-it-done” mentality
- Experience in Microsoft application
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $20.00, guaranteed 40 hours a week and rolling average of 2-5 hours of overtime.
About Us:JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the bet products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity