REGULATORY LABELING SUPERVISOR
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Regulatory Labeling Supervisor reports to Research and Development. This role supports the development of food products by applying regulatory guidance to meet USDA and customer requirements.
- Functions as the professional USDA regulatory labeling resource and develop partnerships with internal and external partners.
- As a USDA Regulatory Labeling Specialist - will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams: Marketing, Nutritionist, Quality Assurance, Developers, Insights and Innovations Teams.
- Should be able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritizes with assistance from manager.
- Keeping informed of USDA labeling regulations, provide insights and directions of how they impact PPC.
- Perform comparative analysis on all supporting documentation (SPEC, BOM’s, ingredient docs, allergen statements, nutrition profiles, customers spec/graphics) to ensure adherence to USDA and company standards.
- Prepare and review documentation required by USDA and other governmental and certification agencies.
- Work with outside vendors: label suppliers, label printers, USDA consultants, ingredient suppliers, and co-manufactures.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the knowledge warehouse in specifications, USDA label transmittal/approvals, and ingredient documents.
- Development and maintenance of knowledge warehouse.
- Assists in creation of Nutrition Facts Panels.
- B.S. Degree Preferred: Food Science or related technical field.
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in labeling and nutrition facts panels, preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization skills, project management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Team player & Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP preferred.