DIRECTOR OF DATA SCIENCE AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science and Digital Transformation for Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
This role will be responsible for directing the digital transformation (Dx) for Pilgrims, across all business units.
- Evolving and managing Dx program, by applying the best practices in the industry, leading cross functional teams while effectively managing stakeholder's expectations and becoming an integral trusted advisor for tech initiatives.
- Own, build and maintain a Project Management Office, successfully providing visibility to the executive team and all stakeholders on the status of our project portfolio, while recommending new priorities and investments, as well as providing to the Tech Committee and the digital team the best practices
- Build and manage an operating model with a collaborative cross functional organizational structure to run the program.
- Provide thought leadership, conduct workshops, identify the big business opportunities in the supply chain where technology can create significant value to the company.
- Build the Dx roadmap, keeping track well vetted market best practices and solutions, while matching the most appropriate technology applications to maximize our business outcomes.
- Define strategic and tactical priorities, while developing, proposing and managing budgets to support our digital initiatives.
- Identify the best technologies, use cases and applications within BI, AI, Cloud, IOT and Automation to support our business needs.
- Work collaboratively with IT to define the right technology solutions, architectures, platforms, and partners.
- Properly manage our vendors, partnerships to create an easy access to new solutions and capabilities.
- Manage the development work, making sure the projects are delivered in accordance with the requirements and tech specifications, with sound and efficient product solutions
- Work closely with IT to define the best productionizing plan, with the most effective ML-Ops and Dev-ops
- Hire, develop and manage high performing tech teams (solution architects, project managers, UI/Ux leads, Software Developers, QA leads, Cloud teams, data Scientists, Engineers), directly or indirectly, by providing the right guidance, mentorship and specialized training.
- Define the right processes, procedures, standards and control mechanisms to properly execute the DT Program and regularly report the results to the company leaders
- Work with HR to create the program communication, generate collaboration, identify talents for our work with our initiatives, provide the right training strategy to develop our digital capabilities and increase technology adoption
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Applied mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Administration or related fields.
- Strong leadership ability, with proven track record of translating business needs to technical solutions that drive ROI
- Experience in managing transformation Program. Consulting background is a plus.
- 10+ years of IT Project experience is preferred
- 6+ years of experience working in Software and digital technology development supervising technology teams and overseeing large projects, with 2 or more years of hands on Data Science, Project management and BI hands on experience or a combination of these.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and popular cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or GCP).
- Solid technical hand-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM), time series data, optimization, anomaly detection, statistical algorithms, and data engineering.
- Proficient in Keras, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and other machine learning libraries.
- SAP BI HANA knowledge and QlikSense reporting is a plus
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving and code debugging skills.
- Demonstrated experience with agile development methods. Agile at scale is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience in agricultural/meat/animal industries is a plus.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $117,000-$161,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.