We are looking for a Pilgrim’s Financial Analyst that Provides financial analysis services to support critical financial, operational, and/or strategic planning decisions and engages in supporting project teams in value added activities that generate practical solutions to complex business problems, explores new business alternatives, and drives improvement in business decisions.
- Develops the approach and methods to define and solve management problems through quantitative analysis and analytical models, using operations research, statistics, machine learning, forecasting techniques and structured programming languages
- Provides on-going analytical services to business unit
- Leverages understanding of the business process to identify and implement solutions that will result in significant bottom-line contributions
- Participates in model design, prototype, and model development for several efforts that occur simultaneously, and interfaces with product delivery groups
- Identifies, researches, or solves large complex problems using big data
- Designs analytic plan/develop hypotheses to test; understands limitations of analysis (what it can and cannot be used for)
- Understands the intuition behind the numbers (i.e. does it make sense?)
- Keeps informed about the latest analytical methods and research
- Communicates results to management
- Contributes deck content and builds the story for the deck with guidance to summarize findings
- Speaks in a manner appropriate for working team and their level +1
- Raises concerns when scope of analysis may not align with time available and can choose an appropriate scope of analysis to conduct balancing ROI to time available
- Identifies solution quality risks and on-time risks
- Understands the business value, process, and expectations before focusing on choice of a technical solution
- Anticipates working team questions to data and approach
- Develops and delivers presentations aligned with CIEO standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with programming language
- Knowledge of industry data sources
- Structured programming for large-scale computer models
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial analytical field
- Demonstrated ability to create business value
- Experience in operations P&L, cost analyses, quantitative analysis and application of advanced operations research principles/statistical methods
Years relevant experience
- Coursework or work experience with mathematical programming or probability/ forecasting techniques Computer skills
- Coursework or work experience in model prototyping through use of either optimization toolkit(s) including CPLEX, AMPL, or OPL, or statistical package(s) including SAS or SPSS, Minitab and/or BI tools
- Desire Coursework or work experience with C, C++, Java, R, Python, or other structured programming language
- Good business, technical, verbal/written communication, presentation. Adaptability to changing business environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients
- Proficient with MS Office, including VBA
- Manufacturing financial analyses
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $58,485 - $76,020
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity