Main goal is to ensure safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. Will oversee the coordinator of site Process Safety Management (PSM) within the safety and environment regulations at two Plumrose sites.
This role will be responsible for supporting the strategy and vision of the EH&S Manager at the Council Bluffs facilities.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA and internal regulations and programs
- Assist/facilitate H&S drills including:
- Fire & Evacuation
- Extreme Weather
- LEPC & Fire Department Drills
- Coordinate/facilitate communication requirements following GHP guidelines for the site including training, labeling & Safety data sheets
- Support any site initiatives that involve EH&S actions directed through the ES&H Manager or site management.
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigations, tracking and trending details for EH&S events.
- Provide in-field environmental health & safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness training.
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulations
- Ensure all PSM/RMP documentation is current and accurate, including, but not limited to:
- EE training materials
- ammonia inventory calculations
- MOC Records
- Participate in 3-year compliance audits and 5-year process hazard analysis, and maintain open recommendation tracking forms
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with PSM/RMP.
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Reading and Comprehension
- Proven Supervisory experience
- Microsoft Suite (Excel ,Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Track recommendations and action items, work with management to implement proposed changes in a timely manner
- Documentation Management - Able to store/retrieve EH&S, OSHA and EPA documentation accurately and efficiently.
- Set up & Manage monthly PSM meetings with applicable teams
- 1 - 5 years of experience in a PSM or other EH&S related role
- Basic understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations and requirements
- Able to provide in-field support on a daily basis
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred