ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR TRAINEE
To create a college graduate Accounting Trainee program with a key emphasis on technical, cultural and leadership training. The goal is for Accounting Trainees to rotate into a financial leadership role at one of the Regional Beef locations across the country after training.
Trainees will have the opportunity to experience various disciplines within Accounting, Finance and Expense Control Management. The program is focused on giving participants the skills they need to analyze business needs, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness.
The Trainee will perform tasks for Accounting, Finance as well as Operations and Purchasing. This professional experience will develop the trainee in the entire plant functional areas of Accounting and Finance including but not limited to Balance and Income Statement Analysis, Standard Costing, and Cost Reduction. In Operations/Shipping how products are made, crewing necessary, departmental processes and reporting, processes on shipping product, and inventory reconciliation. And in Purchasing, packaging processes and ordering, parts supply inventories and issuance.
Trainees will rotate in various functional areas in order to gain a thorough understating of how a plant operates.
This Accounting Trainee development program will allow the individual to have the skill set needed to assume a position at one of our Regional Beef plants across the country or at our Greely Corporate Headquarters.
The Accounting Trainee Program is an excellent opportunity to give professionals the tools to be successful leaders.
- Perform monthly journal entries for the financial closing process
- P&L and Balance Sheet monthly analysis (Actual x Budget)
- Work with Operations on vendor costing analysis
- Assist in putting together budgeting files and analysis
- Assist in changing standards for packaging
- Support AFE Reporting, closing projects, etc.
- Support the accounting team to prepare monthly and quarterly financial results to JBS our parent company
- Work with procurement team to analyze price variances on raw meat, packaging, ingredients and MRO (actuals x budget)
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for the journal entries
- Support the accounting team on the monthly analysis
- Support plant operations with cost saving initiatives
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Ability to relocate within the US
- Alignment with JBS Core Values and Company culture
- Strong Excel and computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate and practice leadership
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”