2nd Shift Stun Tech
POSITION: Stun Technician 2nd Shift
SALARY CLASS: Non Exempt
This position is responsible for assuring regulatory compliance, customer specifications/quality issues, food safety and quality programs within the plant facility.
- Proper Euthanization of all NANI swine in the Livestock receiving area and in pens 45 & 43.
- Assisting FSIS Inspectors
- Assisting with Loader Operations
- Audits in various areas of Livestock
- Security Checks
- Assist the Animal Welfare Supervisor with audits.
- Work 40+ hours per week on production floor
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objects(knives), machinery, and vehicles
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of technical services/quality assurance, food safety, auditing, or production experience preferred.
- Understanding of USDA requirements (HACCP). Able to rethink and improve business for continued growth.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Team Player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to write legibly
- Knowledge of animal welfare requirements
- Heavy lifting required
- Ability to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office software skills.
- Internal applicants must have no more than 5 attendance points and no written warnings or suspensions in the last calendar year.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, team building and good communication skill
- Meat processing experience.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.