This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Shipping & Receiving Departments.
- Studying shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, working assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Overseeing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determining space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determining routing and legal load limits for trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspecting loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded truck doors.
- Inspecting material handling equipment for defects and notifying maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintaining vehicle maintenance report.
- Directing movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiling records of unfilled orders.
- Preparing bills of lading.
- Issuing written and oral instructions.
- Maintaining harmony among employees and resolves grievances.
- Preparing composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusting errors and complaints.
- On call 24/7. Must be able to work multiple shifts on short notice.
- 5 to 7 years of previous supervisory and training experience
- Excellent leadership skills, math skills, communication skills, ability to reason and good comprehension skills are a must.
- Ability to direct and coordinate shifts through subordinate supervisors.
- Extensive practical and technical knowledge of shipping operations.
- Strong leadership and coordinating skills; requiring no direct supervision; able to initiate polices and procedures.
- Must be able to identify problem areas and change or modify as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred.