PILGRIM'S ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Accounting team!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounting Specialist will work closely with operations and accounting management to assure the maintenance of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1) Reconciling production between shop floor and SAP.
2) Balancing finished product and raw meat inventories daily.
3) Reconciling and tracking purchases of raw meat.
4) Making bank deposits as necessary.
5) Correcting storage locations within SAP for raw meat and finished goods.
6) Clearing production errors within SAP and closing daily production.
7) Switchboard relief.
8) Employee product sales.
9) Assisting production accountant with weekly production data.
10) Gathering and transmitting data to AgriStats on a weekly and monthly basis.
11) Distributing weekly AgriStats reports to managers.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School Diploma/GED; Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years clerical accounting experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.