At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Supervises and coordinates activities of skilled trade workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs workers engaged in major painting projects, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, and maintaining and repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems.
- Supervises workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment. Supervises employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Prepares work schedules. Makes work assignments to subordinates.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Works on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities and the alteration or modification of existing ones.
- Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventive maintenance, and repair programs and procedures.
- May direct workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal. May supervise custodial services.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Must have experience in a poultry processing environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts as needed.