Position Title: Livestock Loader
Department: Specialized Operations
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports to: Livestock Loading Supervisor
- Arrive at feed yard to ensure cattle are ready to ship on time.
- If needed, help gather cattle from pen or make appropriate call for required help.
- Have on hand most current copy of dispatch schedule.
- Have load out information ready, Lot – Pen – head count(s) – head count per load – number of loads per Lot and total loads for shipping.
- Have information on number of trucks, number of rounds or loads per truck.
- Ensure correct lot/pen/head count/sex, are displayed on load out document – BOL.
- List on BOL special instruction such as split load, feed yard shipped hospital animal, lameness, injury noticed during loading process, or animal injured while loading.
- Explain split load on BOL to ensure correct lot/pen are kept separate as needed both loading and off-loading.
- Keep Drivers out of loading area to include pen(s)/slant, tub area unless directed or asked by Loading Supervisor for assistance.
- Only authorized use of Cattle Prod (hot shot) will be allowed in appropriate area of load out.
- Cattle will be handled according to all feed yard guidelines and or JBS Carriers directions in accordance with BQA standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Cattle handling experience required. Feedlot experience strongly preferred. Growing up on a farm and/or other exposure to cattle is a plus.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $45,000.00 and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s quarterly bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.