The main responsibility of this role is to analyze data, provide recommendations and support the execution of general merchandising activities. The Merchandising Analyst will work closely with the Product Developers.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report on merchandising KPI's (sales, volume, margin, average ticket, conversion, etc.) across multiple sales channels and customer segments while being able to explain the drivers behind fluctuations in these metrics.
- Own merchandising analysis to assist in short & long-term budgeting/forecasting activities.
- Own the merchandising data analysis (analysis of sales, shopper data, etc.) to identify market shifts, trends & opportunities.
- Curate data from multiple sources to assist in the development of a customer centric assortment. You will play a key role in providing insights and recommendations that will shape the new product pipeline.
- Own the Wild Fork planogramming process to guarantee accurate and up to date in store product placement.
- Communicate to ensure merchandising-related updates are shared across the business (Planogram Changes, New product launches, seasonal product placement, etc.)
- Optimize merchandising campaigns to improve the monthly merchandise planning process, customer experience, in-stock levels and financial performance.
- Provide data extraction and analysis support for ad-hoc requests
- 3+ years of analytical experience in a retail merchandising role
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.), Word & PowerPoint
- Exposure to with syndicated/competitive data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI) preferred
- Exposure to Google Analytics preferred
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Effective and concise communication and presentation skills
- Love to Cook & Love to Eat with a passion for sharing expertise throughout organization
- Must be able to work effectively and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.