JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America.
We are seeking a Plant Controller who will be responsible for all accounting and financial functions of our Louisville, KY pork plant including management of the accounting team.
- Oversee all finance and accounting functions at the plant.
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Establish and implement a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of the business plan.
- Estimate plant expenses on a regular basis.
- Supervise and motivate staff and ensure successful completion of accounting duties and reports.
- Assure the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Perform month-end reconciliation and account closing processes
- Heavy focus on internal controls. Identify financial risks and develop appropriate action plans.
- Has final responsibility for providing the organization and its management with the appropriate financial and operating information necessary. This individual and the accounting staff are expected to work with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiency, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and effective practices.
- Work with auditors, customers and suppliers as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting principles and procedures
- 5+ years accounting experience, manufacturing industry preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly excel
- Proven professional communication skills
- SAP experience preferred