COMPLEX HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Manager plans and administers policies relating to all phases of HR activity.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Identifies legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill salaried and hourly positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Keeps records of benefits plans.
- Coordinates management training.
- Oversees and administers complex compensation programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee-related issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs.
- Provide HR leadership to management team.
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Five to Seven years of directly related experience is required.
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Considerable skill in problem solving, conflict resolution and dealing with confidential information/situations
- Strong organizational, problem solving, project management and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and HR-SAP)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.