NETWORK ENGINEER II
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS USA is seeking a Network Engineer who can design, implement and manage standards based data communication networks. Our Field Network Engineering group is responsible for providing a robust and reliable data communications infrastructure between and within 100+ facilities in North America.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN) in both corporate and industrial environments
- Work in conjunction with corporate engineers to provide data communication scopes of work for expansion and greenfield projects to be carried out by low voltage contractors
- Act as a resource to Network Administrators within various business units that are responsible for day to day network operations within their facilities
- Monitor network performance and ensure maximum system availability and reliability
- Configure various network devices and services
- Configuration and management of Cisco router, switches and wireless devices
- Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, mobile routing)
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Possess a deep understanding of Cisco licensing
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team to JBS standards
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Communicate with all levels of end users with equal respect
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
- Travel within North America for projects and deployments
- Perform related tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related subject. Equivalent work experience in a related field considered
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP or higher desired
- Years of experience 5+ preferred. Previous JBS experience will be considered.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and be highly flexible
- “Can do” attitude.
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols; IP Subnetting