LEGAL E-DISCOVERY MANAGER
LEGAL eDISCOVERY MANAGER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Legal eDiscovery Manager has overall operational responsibility for eDiscovery functions within the JBS USA Legal Department and Ethics & Compliance Department, in connection with supporting the delivery of quality legal services to the company. In addition to general responsibilities for a variety of technical litigation support matters, the Legal eDiscovery Manager serves as the primary point of contact with internal and external technical teams, litigation support vendors and outside counsel for complex eDiscovery and data management issues. The Legal eDiscovery Manager will also represent the company and the Legal Department throughout the eDiscovery lifecycle (identification, preservation, collection, processing, analysis, review, production, and presentation of ESI and paper documents).
The ideal candidate for this position has a professional demeanor, proactive mindset, exacting attention to detail, high-quality work standards with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work with individuals at all levels, and the aptitude to maintain a high level of confidentiality while utilizing great judgement and discretion. The Legal eDiscovery Manager will be expected to work independently and in multiple team environments, effectively communicate in a client service manner and present information to non-technical team members.
- Perform collections of ESI for legal matters and investigations, and ensure such data is securely transferred to law firms and eDiscovery vendors when necessary.
- Maintain and track ESI that is collected and transferred/produced.
- Communicate with case teams and providers on project status, including ESI management issues.
- Manage process documentation and workflows (e.g., intake forms); implementing best practices related to case management, litigation practice technology, document management, and matter workflow.
- Provide training and coordinate with training specialists to assure new hires are fully competent on litigation practice technology and methodology.
- Assist in management and tracking of legal holds and related ESI.
- Manage proper disposition of data upon conclusion of cases.
- Manage vendors including bill back initiatives for vendor services and hosting; ensure provider invoicing is complete and accurate.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for expenses related to processing discovery projects, including software licensing, data hosting and third party costs.
- Monitor litigation practice support technology trends and make recommendations to improve performance through practice technology.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding, software capabilities and overall continuous awareness of eDiscovery trends and emerging capabilities for eDiscovery software.
- Report daily activities as directed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required for local data collections.
- Perform all duties professionally, accurately, and with excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Requires 3-7 years of professional experience within a law firm or eDiscovery vendor with an emphasis on eDiscovery management, project management, technical support, and document review.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and a passion for problem-solving and development of enduring solutions to solve complex eDiscovery challenges.
- Knowledgeable about a broad array of practice support tools (e.g., collection, transfer, and document review tools, loading and processing, and project management software), including SharePoint, Exchange, Citrix, and experience with Commvault and Mimecast are a plus.
- Knowledgeable about the major practice support service providers including their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Proficient in typical litigation support workflows and process requirements, as well as all associated technologies.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possess a client-service mindset, with ability to apply perception and intuition to aid in discretion and confidentiality.
- A positive attitude, ability to take initiative, a strong commitment to client service, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous and quickly changing environment is required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $70,000 to $100,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.