WASTE WATER OPERATOR
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
Waste Water Treatment Operator
Perform operations and maintenance duties on the company’s wastewater collection and treatment system, including monitoring, operating, and maintaining equipment in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
- Performs daily monitoring of the plant functions which includes accessing the daily demands and making appropriate adjustments to meet those demands
- Meticulously execute process sampling to accurately gauge and monitor levels
- Monitor wastewater operations
- Analyze instantaneous and historical data to decide and act on needed process/operational adjustments (e.g. demand, chemical dosage, process adjustments)
- Log all operational data and produce frequent reports
- Promptly troubleshoot process, instrumentation, data, and mechanical problems
- Perform basic maintenance, repair, and calibration
- Document and report needed system improvements
- Execute and track work orders for plant operations
- Develop and continuously update operational SOPs and readiness plans
- Respond to emergencies
- Perform other duties as needed
- 1-2 years experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants associated ancillary and auxiliary equipment and distribution systems
- Must possess or obtain within 12 months of employment a Wastewater Operator Certification
- Must possess or obtain a class C operator license
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone.
- Show a comprehension of how to communicate effectively to individuals in a team setting.
- Must be able to lift, push or carry up to 90lbs
Pilgrim's is an Equal Opportunity Employ