QA/FOOD SAFETY SUPERINTENDENT
Fabrication QA Superintendent
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures pertaining to all plant-wide food safety related activities. Ensure compliance to all FSIS, corporate and plant quality policies, procedures and requirements.
- Provide leadership in the initiation of root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action.
Roles and Responsibilities
- HACCP monitoring and verification.
- Update SOPs and forms as necessary from HACCP reassessments, program changes, etc.
- Perform food safety assessments.
- Provide production support, decision making for food safety/quality issues.
- Prepare for audits (customer, BRC, etc).
- Supports process and practices necessary to improve the food safety.
- Leads and directs the work of the Fabrication Quality Assurance and Food Safety Supervisors.
- Provides functional, technical, and process leadership to the team.
- Ensuring that all process owners and Supervisors develop and maintain their part of the food safety management system.
- Ensure that FSIS and corporate requirements and expectations are being met or exceed expectations.
- Develop strategic plans to achieve goals and targets within deadlines.
- Promoting food safety achievements and performance.
- Maintaining constant awareness of food safety standards.
- Bringing together Production and Quality Assurance staff and driving the group to formulate and agree on comprehensive food safety procedures.
- Ensure that audits, procedures, and SOPs are properly understood, carried out, and evaluated and modifications made as necessary.
- Pinpointing food safety related training needs.
- Perform audit verifications.
- Conduct/ensure CCP and prerequisite program training.
- SOP verification.
- Provide reports and feedback to top managers on the effectiveness and suitability of the food safety systems.
- Review documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Follow up on corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Suggest and implement changes in the working conditions and use of equipment to increase food safety.
- Prompt investigation and distribution of details of presumptive positives.
- Liaison between plant and USDA.
- Interface with other departments to develop a strong food safety awareness culture.
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”